- Plants grow in all shapes and sizes. Some grow on the ground and others in water.
- Big and tall plants are called trees. Trees have strong woody trunks with branches and live for many years.
Example: Mango, Neem, Banyan, etc.
- Small plants or bushes with woody stems are called shrubs.
Example: Hibiscus, Rose, Cotton, etc.
- Small plants with soft stems are called herbs. Herbs live for one season and then die.
Example: Mint, Chrysanthemum, Coriander, etc.
- Plants with weak stems that need support of other plants, sticks or walls, etc., are called climbers.
Example: Grapevine, Money plant. Bean, etc.
- Plants with weak stems that grow along the ground are called creepers.
Example: Pumpkin, Bottle gourd, etc.
- Some plants live in water. They are called water plants or aquatic plants.
Example' Lotus, water lily, etc.
- Some plants like cactus, opuntia are desert plants. They have thorns and thick leaves.
- We get food from different parts of plants. We get cereals, pulses, coffee, tea, sugar, oil, spices, fibre, wood, paper, gum, rubber etc., from plants.