Category : 2nd Class
Universe: The universe is everything we can touch, feel, sense, measure or detect. It includes living things, planets, stars, light, clouds, etc.
Solar system: The solar system includes the Sun, the Earth and all of the other planets that go around the Sun. There are eight planets in our solar system and one dwarf planet.
Sun: The Sun about 5 billion years old, is our nearest star, made up of extremely hot gases. Sunlight takes 8 minutes to reach the Earth's surface.
Do you know?
1. Mercury: It is the smallest and closest planet to the Sun.
2. Venus: It is the second closest planet to the Sun, known as the evening as well as morning star. It is the hottest planet.
3. Earth: It is the third planet. Life is possible only on this planet because it has air and water and it is neither too hot nor too cold.
4. Mars: It is the fourth planet and known as the Red planet because of presence of iron minerals.
5. Jupiter; It is the largest planet of the solar system.
6. Saturn; It is the second largest planet of the solar system and is surrounded by ring-like structures.
7. Uranus: It is the seventh planet from the Sun and also contains ring like structures.
8. Neptune: It is the farthest planet from the Sun.
9. Pluto: It was known as the smallest planet in the solar system. Now it is known as the "dwarf planet".
Do you know?
You need to login to perform this action.
You will be redirected in 3 sec