|Develop a story with the help of hints provided: (150-200 words)|
|It was my first exam. I was already late. I dashed towards my scooty and put the key in the ignition. But it wouldn't start. Panic stricken I rushed towards the main road......|
|Develop a story in 150-200 words with the help of the hints provided.|
|I was about to sleep when I heard shouts of, 'Fire, fire' I rushed out and saw old Mrs. Gupta's bedroom on fire spewing out thick smoke..........|
|It was my first exam. I was already late. I dashed towards my scooty and put the key in the ignition. But it would not start. Panic-stricken I rushed towards the main road to get a bus or a cab. But to my dismay, I could not book a cab as I had left my phone at home. As for autorikshaws, they were on strike. I became very nervous, tears welled up in my eyes and I prayed to God. Though the world has advanced, the technology has advanced, but here I was, on the road standing utterly helpless. Then as if to answer my prayers, there came a bus. It was going to the area where my examination centre was. I boarded it, as I was already late. I wished that it would go fast crossing all the red lights. Never ever had I cursed the traffic as much as I did on that day. In my tension, I even forgot to revise the last chapter. Somehow I reached the centre, but the gates of the centre were closed. The exam had already started. Like me, two more students were standing there, pleading the authorities to let us in. But they said that more than half an hour had passed and as per the rules they could not allow us to take the exam. It was an important exam for me as I had taken a year off to prepare for this. I had missed it because of my own fault. All my hopes and dreams were shattered and for the first time, I realised what it meant to be disciplined and punctual.|
|I was about to sleep when I heard shouts of, "fire, fire". I rushed out and saw old Mrs. Gupta's bedroom on fire, spewing out thick smoke. Without a single thought I rushed towards her house. I did not want to waste a single minute so while racing towards her house I called the fire brigade. But we could not wait for them to arrive so we took the emergency fire extinguishers and tried to extinguish the fire, but it was out of control. Somehow, Mr. Gupta managed to bring all the important things out from the burning room. We were only wishing that the fire would not spread out of the room. Soon after the fire brigade was there, after then the situation was under control. When everything was settled, I inquired about the accident to Mr. and Mrs. Gupta, they told me that a scented candle was lit near their window from which a curtain caught fire and everything was in flames. They successfully got out of the room, so any loss of life or injury did not take place, but their room was in a very bad condition and Mrs. Gupta was shattered after all this. We could only thank God that everything was okay and nobody was hurt.|
You need to login to perform this action.
You will be redirected in 3 sec