UPS is an uninterrupted power supply, also called uninterruptible power source. It is an electrical apparatus us which provides emergency power to a load when the input power source, typically the utility mains, fails. UPS keeps the computer ON for sometime even after the electricity goes OFF.
Computer cables are used for supplying power and commands to computers.
- A laptop is a personal computer which is designed for mobile use and small and lights enough to sit on a person's lap while in use.
- A laptop integrates most of the typical components of a desktop computer, including a display, a keyboard, a pointing device (a touchpad, also known as a track pad, and/or a pointing stick), speakers, and often including a battery, into, a single small and light unit.
- A device which is used for both input and output is called I/O (Input/output device)
- CD ROM is a storage device
- CPU (Central Processing Unit) is the brain of the computer.
- Devices which are used for entering data into a computer are called input devices.
- Devices which are used for showing the output are called output devices.
- The storage devices help to store data in a computer. Resources on Net: http://www.wikipedia.org
I/O - Input/output
CD ROM - Compact disk read only memory