Category : 6th Class
Tenses tell us about past, present and future.
Let us look at some examples to recognise the tenses.
1. Gopal loved Sita.
2. Rama was jumping in the garden.
3. We had gone to the market yesterday.
4. I had been painting the wall for two hours.
In these sentences, second form of verb, was, had etc., shows the past tense.
To recognise the past tense, we have to see the helping verb in the sentence as underlined in the above sentences.
1. Gopal loves Sita.
2. Rama is jumping in the garden.
3. They are playing.
4. We have gone to the hospital.
5. She has gone to the market.
6. I have been painting the wall for two hours.
1. Gopal will love Sita.
2. Rama will be jumping in the garden.
3. I shall be playing in the garden.
4. We shall have gone to the market.
5. She will have gone to the hospital.
6. I shall have been painting the walls for two months.
In the above examples you recognise the tense by recognising the underlined helping verbs related to concerned tenses.
You need to login to perform this action.
You will be redirected in 3 sec