Air, water and weather
Ants can feel a storm coming. They collect food when they feel a storm is on the way.
Changes in air is on the way. Changes in air pressure warn them.
- The blanket of air that surrounds the earth is called the It protects life on earth in various ways.
- The atmosphere has troposphere and stratosphere layers.
- The layer nearest to the earth is the tropo- sphere.
- The layer that lies above the troposphere is the
- Air is a mixture containing 78% of nitrogen, 21% of oxygen and 1% of other gases including carbon dioxide. It also has dust, smoke and water vapor.
- Air has weight, it occupies space. Air exerts pressure in all directions, Substances that make water unfit for consumption are called impurities,
- Water is very important to all living things. Harmful impurities in water have to be removed to make it fit for drinking.
- Sedimentation, decantation and filtration are used for removing insoluble impurities in water.
- Distillation is used to remove soluble impurities in water.
- Sedimentation and filtration are used for removing insoluble impurities. Chlorine is added to kill germs and help make the water safe for drinking.