Category : 5th Class
Fill in the blanks with either A or An:
1. This is ________ useless thing.
2. She has_______ black cap.
3. Allahabad is _________holy city.
4. New York is _______costly city.
5. This is________ very costly book.
6. Scoring goal is not __________ easy task.
7. I got ____________ orange, ____________ banana and two mangoes.
8. Mr. Sam is _____________European.
9. I had ___________ bag in which there was ____________ letter.
10. Julley faced ____________ awkward situation.
1. (A) 2. (A) 3. (A) 4. (A) 5. (A)
6. (An) 7. (An, A) 8. (A) 9. (A, A) 10. (An)
(i) Indefinite articles are not used with uncountable noun.
(ii) Article is not used before the name of games. Such as-She pays ludo.
(iii) Article is not used before some diseases like Cholera, Malaria, Fever and Typhoid etc.
(iv) Article is not used before the name of festivals.
(v) Article is not used before plural countable nouns when they indicate a class
(vi) No article is used before the names of language.
(vii) No article is used before proper noun, material noun and abstract noun.
You need to login to perform this action.
You will be redirected in 3 sec